From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:58:52 +0100
Helen Elsom wrote:

>But the first night is no longer such a big deal.  You certainly don't need
>to enter a ballot to get in, and if you queue from about 6.00 you probably
>have a fighting chance of getting an arena place.  It's not a seat -- you
>have to stand, it's pretty sweaty and you probably won't be able to see.
>At home with a Pimm's is a much better bet if you're not sure about
>Tippett, especially if it's still as hot as it is today.

Well I really want to go the A.D.  Elgar Kingdom but I want to see what it
is like in the arena before I decide to try that.  Otherwise I will just
book a seat.  I have therefore decided to go to at least the one with La
Mer.  6th one I think.  I read on the website there is usually enough room
to sit.  (I am hoping that the Kingdom is a bit too obscure for most people
and I will have lots of room).  I would have thought, if you played your
cards right you could nick one of the stalls seats if you can see that they
are not going to be used.  Who cares if you have to move along because you
are in someone's place.  Anyway, I don't know if I am bold enough to do
that but tis an idea, no?

David Stewart