From:
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 17:45:09 -0400
Craig T. Hancock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Has anyone heard of the flutist Emanual Pauhd I just heard of him and he
>has the loudest sond meaning pure and rich tone.  I was just wondering if
>anyone else heard of him?

Oh, certainly.  He has held the position of principal flutist at the
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra for several years, which is quite impressive
considering his young age, and he is now leaving the orchestra to devote
more time to his activities as a soloist.

If I am not mistaken, Emmanuel Pahud is Swiss.  His repertoire is quite
large, but listening to the slow movement of the Poulenc sonata by him and
Eric Le Sage already tells a lot about his outstanding talent.

Best wishes,

Thanh-Tam Le