From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:23:04 -0400
Eric James wrote:

>This, of course, belies that tired old notion that a great performance
>can only come after musicians have spent years playing together.

I think this depends at lot on the skill of said musicians.  (But also
keep in mind that the repertoire of this orchestra is rather old and pretty
familiar to most professional orchestra players.  A lot of contemporary
stuff is so complex that very good orchestras can't bring it off no matter
how long they have played together.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]