Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:01:52 -0700
It doesn't seem that much has changed.  I remember in the late 50's before
FM really took off, stations used to fade-out a symphonic piece to present
commercialsc- then fade back in to the music approximately where they had
left off.  It's been years since I've heard stations do that and it's an
education to find out stations in some areas of the country are still doing
it.

Here in El Paso, we have KTEP - the University of Texas at El Paso
station.  They play jazz from 9:00 to noon - and classical from noon to
4:00 pm Generally, they have a pretty good reportoire.  After All Things
Considered, they play more classical.  The worst they play is a program
called "Performance Today.  THe music's not bad, but they have some
commentators who go on-and-on.

Dave Harman
El Paso, Tx
At least KTEP doesn't do that.