From:
Dave Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 06:02:17 -0700
Laurence Sherwood wrote:

>I for one consider the absence of CM on the FM dial to be an ominous
>sign for CM in general.  I've known a few people who became appreciative
>listeners based at least in part on having CM freely accessible on the FM
>dial.  I say "in part", because in most of these cases people had other
>influences that were part of the picture, but FM radio seemed to be an
>important part of the process.

I remain optimistic for the future of CM.  She's a seductive mistress
who knows how to find and attract those who will respond to her charms -
who will become her willing slaves - who haunt Borders or Barnes and Noble
or Wherehouse or prowling the internet - all to find more and more of her
music.  Once we find it, we raptly listen, savoring every note.  We're CM
junkies, and like other junkies, we're not going to give up our drug of
choice just because it's not sold openly.  We'll search, find our
'connection' and succumb to it's power.  Others who come after us will
do the same.

Dave Harman
El Paso, RX