From:
Richard Courchesne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:16:27 -0500
My personal favorite is by Solti and the CSO on London.  I find it vibrant
without being too fast in tempo.  I cannot say the same for an Andrew Davis
version on a 2-disc budget Odyssey set which I find competent but lacking
in excitement.  I have a version by Ormandy that I used to listen to as my
favorite until I heard the Solti.

I wish the Boston Pops would give the 1812 Overture a rest during the July
4th concerts and replace it with at least part of the 9th, which is more
traditional and "American" in theme, to me, though some might argue it is
as much Roumanian.  JMHO

Rich Courchesne