From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:00:39 -0500
Thanks for this posting on the J C Bach sacred music.  Anyone remember the
old vinyl MHS album that featured JC Bach's Dies Irae? This has never been
reprinted on CD to my knowledge.  The Dies Irae had an impressive opening
Sinfonia; and its thought that while Mozart was familiar with this piece
of music, he wasn't influenced by it as much as he was Michael Haydn and
Handel's sacred music when he wrote his own setting of the Requiem.

I think there is a CPO series of CDs planned featuring J C Bach's sacred
music.

Thanks again for this tidbit.

Kim Patrick Clow