From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:28:51 +1000
A weekly television program which comments on the media noted that for
a television news story about John Williams and his latest opus, both
the newsreader and the caption identified him as John Williamson.  John
Williamson is a very popular Australian country singer, not, says he
hastily, that I am aware of any of his work.  The program also pointed out
that John Williams, the guitarist, who is also Australian, is at pains on
his web site to distinguish himself from the composer.  Yet another of the
doubtless many people to answer to the name is the actor who, for me, stole
Dial M for Murder in the part of the police inspector.

Richard Pennycuick