From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:25:15 +0800
Jeff Wright <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have one CD reissue and I am hard pressed to believe it was originally
>recorded in 1960!  The recorded sound is absolutely gorgeous.  Sir Eugene
>conducts the London Symphony in three South American works..more or less.
>Heitor Villa-Lobos' "Little Train of the Caipira, from Bachianas
>Brasilieras John Antill "Suite from the ballet Corroboree" Alberto
>Ginastera Panambi, and Estancia.  All well played and recorded.  I look
>forward in finding some of those you mentioned.

Jeff, I am glad that at least one person agreed with me that the sound on
these CDs are fabulous.  Please get the Falla's Three Cornered Hats (London
Symphony/Enrique Jorda).  You will be impressed!  Kevin said that I have
been fed dog food, well...if dog food "tastes" so good, please feed me
more.  I don't work in Towers or HMV (for Tony Dunggan's sake..  I am aware
that there are British and others around:), so I will never be able to get
these promotional discs free.  And I don't think I have time to try to be
friends with the managers who work there either.  So, if these promotional
CDs come along, I will still grab them.  I hope that EVEREST will not try
to come all the way to Singapore to claim them back!  since "legally" they
can do so??