From:
Tim Horwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:08:36 -0000
Walter Meyer wrote:

>This is my third recording so I am not unfamiliar w/ it but it's not a
>work that one hears often.  I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio
>nor do I recall ever seeing it offered in a live performance.

It was done at the Proms a few years back, Andrew Davis and the BBC SO
if I recall correctly on BBC R3 and live on BBC TV as well. The best
part was the ending with summer coming in.  It was done at the Proms
this year on 28 July Donald Runnicles and BBC SO but I missed it. At
college one of my lecturers raved about Gurrelieder but apart from the
beginning and end it sounds to me like a pale version of Tristan though
admittedly I haven't listened to it as many times as I ought to.

Tim Horwood