From:
Krishan P Oberoi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:35:14 -0500
Robert Peters <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Which musical stuff do you others use when you find yourself in a state
>of sadness and when words are not yet there to be spoken?

I find that the music closest to my heart has to be kept at a distance
when I'm feeling depressed.  In other words, some music is so powerfully
beautiful that it hurts me to listen to it when I'm already feeling
vulnerable.  Brahms' Requiem, Mahler 2 (4th movement), parts of "Peter
Grimes", Schubert's Die Schone Mullerin, Barber's Adagio, parts of
"Elijah", Morten Laurdisen's "Lux Aeterna", and the piece that makes
me weep instantly no matter how many times I hear it, Avro Part's "The
Beatitudes".  Sappy, I know.  Oh yeah, if you haven't guessed, I'm a
singer.  Also a Christian.

Krishan Oberoi
Providence, RI   USA