From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:31:19 -0600
Janos Gereben:

>Haven't visited WQXR for a while, and when I tried to listen tonight, I
>was shunted over to AOL Music, and from there to XM.  Is is possible to
>listen to the station on the Internet without fealty and tithe to AOL
>and/or XM?

The official word:

   "WQXR's audio stream is available exclusively at [log in to unmask]  The
   WQXR stream at Radio@Netscape has been integrated into [log in to unmask]"

The agreement between The New York Times, which still owns and is profiting
from WQXR and XM Radio was announced August 3, 2005.

Not sure about all the specifics.

Jim Tobin