From:
George Melillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:36:23 -0400
I discovered my alma mater's radio station after graduating, while looking
for a station to accompany a weekly drive into New York City.  Now that
my commuting days are done I still enjoy listening via their live webcast.
On weekday mornings there is an excellent classical program.  In addition
to their regular broadcasts, I've heard thematically organized programs
devoted to different recordings of Winterreise, Prokofiev piano sonatas,
19th century Russian piano trios, Brahms' choral music, etc.  There is
also an afternoon new music program that is quite good and a Friday
afternoon "Live from Miller Theatre" program that will get you ready for
whatever is happening over the weekend at Miller.  Friday mornings feature
an early music program, and Saturday evenings an opera program.  In
December there is a BachFest, with a week of Bach's music.  Those are
just the art music oriented offerings.  You can also tune in for some
excellent jazz, traditional american music, and world music programming
as well.  WKCR is definitely one of my favorite radio stations on the
web, and I didn't see it listed on your links page, so here you go:

   http://www.columbia.edu/cu/wkcr/

best,
George Melillo

[Thanks, George!  -Dave]