From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:24:50 -0400
Roy Ellefsen said:

>We in Utah were permanently spoiled by Maurice Abravanel who dedicated his
>life to bringing the USO from a bush league collection of amatures to an
>orchestra of national importance (and if you don't agree, don't tell me;
>I'm damned proud of that group, and Abravanel is my life-long hero).

Some of us in Boston, (and now Philadelphia) would disagree with your
assessment of Utah and Abravanel.  I would think it became an orchestra of
international importance, having personally benefited from this musical
relationship a number of times.

How did Silverstein do.  I enjoyed his conducting in Boston.  Remember a
wonderful late Symphony of Dvorak some time ago.

Best regards,

Tom Connor