From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 20:49:13 GMT
Well!  Been waiting for WNYC to start webcasting for the longest time.
Their among my 2 or 3 favorite US classical stations (WCNY Syracuse,
WFMT Chicago, a very few others are competing for those top slots...
and I haven't heard Harvard's station but would like to judging from its
playlists.) One of the few stations in the US to ever play works by Roger
Sessions, Havergal Brian, Allan Pettersson, etc.  (and of course not .only.
them- as even a cursory glance at a Sunday New York Times radio listings
will tell you.) And now I don't have to visit the old homestead on Long
Island to hear it.  Yay!!

(But why Windows-asx format instead of Realplayer-ra? I have both on my
Mac, but...  Ah well.)

-Eric Schissel