From:
Raymond Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 11:01:11 -0400
I think that it is usually the orchestra librarian who put the score on the
stand for the musicians and conductor.  Maybe the librarian was not on tour
and the person responsible did not know that Ozawa did not need the score
to conduct, therefore Ozawa just have the score closed.  I believe that a
lot of times, the conductor do not need the score but they want to have it
there just in case.

Raymond Chan