From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:34:49 -0700
As a former Classical Radio station manager, I had some experience with
this...  We were not allowed to rebroadcast the Met at other times either,
but it was not because of Texaco, we were told.  Rather it was either the
union or the administration at the Met...  We too would have continued the
broadcasts with some flexibility...  There were large numbers of stations
that dropped live opera because of conflicts with Car Talk...  and neither
program would budge.  It was my impression that there were simple power and
control issues with Car Talk, and Union issues at the Met.

Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>