From:
Norman Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:22:52 EDT
Why is their any need to justify a large collection? Do you have to have
read everything in your book library in order to buy more books? The music
is there if and when I want to hear it, period.  I hear a new performance
or recording in Tower and I want to be able to compare it with the one I
already own.  I hear something on FM, or read about a recording here and
there and want to be able to reach out and hear *mine* again perhaps to
see if I missed something, agree or disagree with another opinion.  We all
age, our former likes and dislikes change.  I enjoy being able to pick up
something I am not very familiar with or haven't had a chance to hear in
its entirety before.  If I were very familiar with it and knew it all, why
would I want it around anyway? It is one of my life's rewards and luxuries.
I know it's my money and I can spend it as I wish.

-Regards, Norman