From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 09:32:29 +0200
      Richard Wagner

* Rienzi: Ouverture
* Das Liebesverbot: Ouverture
* Eine Faust-Ouvertuere
* Symphony in E-Major
* Wesendonck-Lieder^

Marjana Lipovsjek (Soprano)^
Philadelphia Orchestra/Wolfgang Sawallisch

EMI CDC 556165-2 [DDD]

Summary for the busy executive: None.  Those who want the greatest
love-story ever shall suffer it all.  Else, not at all.

In the whole music litterature, I think nothing puzzels me as much as the
total imbalance of Wagners person and artistery.  His art belongs to the
finest an artist ever produced, and he could write long proto-Freudian
analysises on his operatic characters, nothing with help him to get any
right side on his private life.  Roger Donington cathes this very well in