From:
Leon Le Leu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:35:39 +1000
Unfortunately the results of that study are predictable.  It would
attract a crowd.  Alas, popular music is popular, would 'twere not so..

But Joshua Bell may not have chosen a good location.  I do not know
the station at all but I notice that, In Sydney and London, the subway
musicians find places with particular good acoustics and where it is
fairly hard to avoid walking within a metre of the performer.  If you
have to look directly at the performer to ensure you are not going to
run into him there is possible more chance of parting with a coin.

This could spawn a whole series of studies and PhD theses.

Leon Le Leu
Australia but soon to be in New Orleans (a week)