From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:15:06 PDT
To summarize, Norman Lebrecht predicts that DG will essentially fold
because of poor internal decisions, and then other major record companies
will follow suit.

First, I wasn't aware that Lebrecht was an economics expert as well as a
musical one.  Second, his premise is essentially the same as the political
"Domino Theory", that if you let one country go communist, the others will
follow.  That theory was nonsense.  Third, Lebrecht's premise does not make
economic sense.

I often find that when an expert in one field starts behaving like an expert
in another field, I am really looking at a person who is expert in neither.

Don Satz