From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 14:48:41 +0200
Ozawa is leaving Boston and about to take over the leadership for the
Wiener Opernorchester.  So I write under this thread, but if I had started
it new I would have labelled it "#$&"#!",.  It is just that with Ozawa -
what is he planning to do woth his orchestra? Yes!  Mozarts "Don Joan".
It is ludicrous!  I mean:  Is the poor man completely without visions???!
I would love to see that Ture Rangstroem opera "Kronbruden" ("the crowned
bride").  For those who didn't know it, it is a story about a bloodfeud,
and there there is the poor peasants daughter Kersti and the rich lawyerson
Mats in love with each other, as the victims of the feud.  The opera is
wonderful and full power and would really be something for such a prominent
operahouse!!!

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>