From:
Ron Ackermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:54:08 -0500
Don Satz wrote:

>I continue to be increasingly impressed with recent Naxos recordings.

Naxos has become one of the best labels going.  Until recently, most
Naxos reviews included the phrase "considering the price" or something like
that.  This is no longer true, particularly when you consider the excellent
ongoing cycles from Lutoslawski, Vaughan Williams, Bax, Walton, etc.

Just for the heck of it, I queried my database to see what labels got the
most of my purchasing dollars this year.  To my surprise, Naxos came out on
top with 38 titles (followed by Hyperion with 35).  Naxos, Hyperion and
many other small labels keep record collecting interesting.

Ron Ackermann