From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:15:40 PST
Milan Gowin wrote:

>March 21st, as most may know is Bach's birthday.  He might be 315 years
>old, but I think he's very much alive to most of us.  As a result, I think
>I'll spend most of the day listening to Bach.  Anybody else have similar
>plans, and if so, then which works?

I thank Milan for the notice.  I'm not much of a "celebration" guy and
was not aware this is the day.  But, I listened to the Goldberg Variations
from Tureck on DG earlier today (great interpretation) and currently have
Gardiner's Funeral Cantatas playing in the cd-rom.  I don't generally plan
my listening selections or much of anything else, but in recognition of
Bach's birthday, I'll be listening to some different period instrument
versions of the cello suites.  Bruns on Opus 111 and Sheppard on Metronome
are prime selections as I have not given them sufficient play time.

Don Satz