From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 14:32:01 -0700
Walter Meyer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Is this pianist related to Wilhelm Kempff (w/ two f's)?

Don't think so.

I heard him in recitral at the Wigmore hall in London last spring.  I
wasn't overwhelmed.  His last piece, the Rachmaninoff 2nd sonata (original
version) was excellent, the previous, Schumann's Carnaval was good but not
exceptional.

What on earth made him think that a) Beethoven's Op.111 is a suitable
opening work or b) that he was reday to play it in public, I have no idea.

Deryk Barker