From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:10:30 -0400
Bill Karzas had Symphony 1 premiere at the

>Burgtheater, Vienna - 2 April 1800...

To which Dave footnoted:

>Barry Cooper's Beethoven Compendium gives some additional data.  Cooper
>agrees on the date of the premiere of the first, and reproduces the
>concert announcement, which gives the location as the "Royal Imperial
>Court Theatre beside the Burg", which is, presumably, the Burgtheater.

It couldn't have been the Burgtheater as we know it today, as construction
of it only began in 1874.  The old court theater may have occupied the same
site but I seem to remember that it was quite a ways closer to the old
Hofburg.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]