From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:26:34 -0500
Alex Renwick writes:

>Most of both CD's are barely audible for two-thirds or so of the disk.
>Toward the end they approach what could be considered a reasonable
>volume.

Most of the Naxos cd's I buy are of chamber music.  Without fail, they
need a volume boost, although I can't report that any of them were hardly
audible.

When any disc I'm playing is "volume challenged", I switch to my primary
speaker system which can make the slightest sound seem ferocious.  I think
Alex needs to change his venue.

Don Satz