From:
Nicolas Croze-Orton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:13:26 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Are there themes of Beethoven that you DO like?

Many, especially slow movements.  Let`s note for example the second
movement of the 5th and the 3rd (for starters) the slow movement of the
op.18 no.1 string quartet (the list could go on for about fifty works)....
His scherzo`s are wonderfull.

I can`t tell you why I do not like the concerto...  I don`t think it is
"missing" anything.  And to tell you that I think the themes are boring is
not a valid argument.  I just know that this piece fails to reach anything
within me.  I will try to find why though, I will get back to you on this
one once I find out ....

Nicolas