From:
"William F. Dishman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:12:04 -0400
I just received the Complete (four) Symphonies of Victor Bendix (Danish).
Being totally unfamiliar with this composer I purchased these on the off
chance of stumbling across new and interesting symphonic music.  I have
only listened to the 1st Symphony and the first movement of the 2nd.  On
initial listening without a score, I am fascinated by the blend of chamber
style writing and a mixture of short motif style composition combined and
contrasted with larger symphonic forces.  It seems to me to be quite well
crafted and to my ear, quite refreshing and definitely accessable.  The
liner notes are average and tell of personal information but not really
informative as to in depth compositional style.  I am wondering why this
music has never crossed my path before.  At least initially, I like it!
Time will tell as I investigate it further.  Any other commentary or advice
as to what direction I should go?

Respectfully,

Bill Dishman
Gainesville, Florida