From:
Tore F Steenslid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 00:11:35 +0200
Joel Hill wrote:

>How do these people have time to become familiar with all this music that
>evidently is often gathered in the space of a very few years????

I am among those people.  I have lots of CDs I have either never listened
to or just listened to once or twice.  I am 25 years old now and I didn't
buy much CDs until after I finished my military service five years ago.
I think I have bought an average of 250 to 300 CDs each year since then.
That is a lot, but much of this has been cheap CDs.  I got into a habit
of buying first and listen later, which is both good (it was this way I
discovered Hamilton Harty) and bad (it gave me lots of CDs I never listened
to).

The last year I have exchanged many of these CDs so I don't have as many as
I used to.  I found a store who let me exchange my old CDs and LPs into new
CDs.  It's a great deal for me.  I get new CDs without having to pay for
them and the store earns lots of money (the store owner likes me a lot).

To get back to what Joel said, I see no problem in having lots of music I
never have listened to.  It just mean I have much to look forward to in the
future.  I can go exploring in my own CD collection looking for something
new all the time instead of having to go shopping everytime I want
something new.

Tore F. Steenslid
http://members.xoom.com/torefs/