From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 19:02:32 -0700
Robert Stumpf, II ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I am working on a concert register of Stokowski, ranging from Cincinnati
>to the final live concert.  This is tedious work, but I think it will
>help people.  During his second season in Cincinnati he conducted works
>by composers who are greek to me.  If anyone can help me ID them it will
>help me with the register.
>
>Sgambati

Giovanni, Italian pupil of Liszt.  He compsed quite a bit, incl.  2
symphonies but is largely forgotten today, except by piano recording buffs.
His transcriptions tend to pop up on recital discs recorded pre about 1930,
particularly, IIRC, Gluck's Dance of the Blessed Spirits, from Orfeo.

>Sinigaglia
>Bohlmann

Pass.

deryk barker