From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:24:52 -0400
Jon Johanning wrote:

>How do list members feel on this issue? I would especially like to hear
>what non-performers think -- do you tend to look down on a pianist, singer,
>or other soloist who performs from the score? Is it time to say farewell
>to this particular tradition in this tradition-happy art?

Since I listen to a lot of music on audio (not video) recording, it would
drive me 'nuts' trying to identify which recordings were done from memory,
then discern a difference between the two classes.  Instead, I concentrate
on the performance and whether I like that.

"Tom Connor" <[log in to unmask]>