From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:38:34 -0800
I am terribly embarrassed to let everyone know that I know this bit of
information, but a long time ago, (when I was a young child, of course!)
I saw a very gawdawful bathetic movie with Liberace playing a pianist
who goes deaf.  He "wrote" a popular song called "Sincerely Yours" for
the eponymous movie.  Only years later did I discover that the song was
based on the Chopin Etude 0p 25#1, "Harp"

Neat melody!! Nice chords!

("I'll be yours, sincerely yours, all my life, sincerely yours")

I bought the sheet music.  Liberace claimed credit for composing it.
Nowhere did the name Chopin appear on the music.

  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048623/

Mimi Ezust, beet red