From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 11:21:18 -0400
Peter Wisse writes:

>I really hate Beethoven.  They should stop playing his music for another
>25 years or so, maybe one could then make a reappraisal, and see which
>is worthwhile to perform again.

A better solution would be for you to stop listening to his music for 25
years or so, so the rest of us can continue to listen to it.  You can make
your own reappraisal, I already have.

I just listened to the 3rd, 7th and 8th symphonies, and reaffirmed my
impression of Beethoven as a musical genius.  I'm about to listen to the
Waldstein and Appassionata sonatas, which I expect will reinforce that
conclusion.

len.