From:
Doris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 18:18:16 +0100
I heard a short bit from part of this on R.3., one morning this week, and
heard a flautist and a clarinettist, much enjoyed.  I wish we had the same
cover as it used to be.  All through the competitio, not just at the end..
I was interested to hear one pianist from a prevous competition, t who has
teamed up with one of the competitor as accompanist.  I shall be watching
on Sunday.

ref: Reinecke, I know that name from some flute/piano, tho' it may have
been something else of his arrranged for these.  I have the first of the
summer lunchtime recitals to go to at Aylsham in Norfolk this Tuesday.  A
nice informal, almost, occasion, plus free meal at my Brother's- round the
corner afterwards!  I don't go to every one of these, usually only when
it's flute/piano, oboe/piano, cello/oboe-or harpsichord - you can tell I
am the amateur accompanist here....  Peter Hewitt, piano(who accompanied
my fav.  flautist- Wissam boustany on one ofhis tours), a flute teacher
with a great technique-Hannah Lang, and another young man, Toby Turton,
on the cello.Call themselves The Litmus Trio.  They know me by now, and I
have occasionally taken a coupl eof piano pupils/friends in the holidays.
Amazing to me that this was the first time for them they'd been to a live
recital.  We lived in Canterbury and used to take the small sons to all
kinds of things.

Doris ><> I'l give you my non-professioanl opinion on the Finals later next
week!