From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:03:20 PDT
Joel Hill was telling us of his wonderful experience at the new Borders
where he lives: employees who know little about the stock, and the store's
refusal to order some Naxos discs.

Any surprises here? No. These chains are NOT interested in satisfying an
individual customer, no matter how much the customer wants to spend.  When
I used to buy from Sound Warehouse/Blockbuster, the primary classical music
manager, who I knew well, wouldn't even try to take care of my wants.  He
was burned-out on poor response from the parent headquarters and just went
with the flow.  For an hourly wage less than $10, I couldn't blame him.

Don Satz