From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 18:28:57 -0700
Mitch Friedfeld ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>It looks like your question may have come after Tony shut down for the
>night.  I'll take the liberty of assuming that he's talking about Ole
>Kristian Ruud conducting the Norrkoping SO on Simax PSC 1150.  This CD,
>which has taken some flak on the Mahler-List, is in my opinion a must-have
>for Mahler enthusiasts.  Not only does it contain the only authentic Titan,
>it also has Mahler's hard to find Piano Quartet fragment from 1876.  I
>believe this has been recorded only one other time.

I know of at least two other recordigns, one by the English ensemble Domus
c/w IIRC Brahms Quartets - I think this was the first recording; the other
by Gidon Kremer and friends c/w some Schoenberg and Weber (I think, I have
the disc somewhere).

I think there is probably at least one more somewhere.

Deryk Barker