From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 08:55:29 +1100
Robin Mitchell-Boyask performed some fancy footwork to come up with
Naxia as the plural of Naxos.  Dave parenthetically growled:

>[Naxen, I tell you, Naxen.  If anyone's going to pull rank here...
>:-)

To prevent a further contretemps, as the person who first suggested the
Naxos as a useful MCML currency unit, let me further suggest that it be
abbreviated to N, thus, for example, a full-price CD might cost N3.  This
way, Robin, Dave, Bert and anyone else who wants to have their 2c worth (a
little more than N0.02 at current prices) can use whichever plural they
like.  It's a compromise solution, of course, but it may avoid virtual
bloodshed.

Richard Pennycuick

 [I'm going to let this go on until someone posts something substantive
 that's not about Wagner.  :-)  -Dave]