From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:26:28 +0000
Starting this month, I'll be posting what I think is the most interesting
recording to be released.  With little exception, these will be releases
that are very enticing to me which I haven't yet heard.

My pick this month is a 3-cd set of Beethoven's Piano Concertos performed
by Pierre-Laurent Aimard and conducted by Harnoncourt.  The set is offered
by Warner Classics and the catalog number is #473280.

My interest in this set stems from the definitive and distinctive
approaches of both Harnoncourt and Aimard, and I look forward to hearing
if they reach mutual agreement on performance style for Beethoven's Piano
Concertos.  With this type of duo, the results are generally either
stunning or incoherent.

Has anyone on the List heard the set?

Don Satz