From:
Tony Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 02:31:48 -0500
Hiya, Natasha Thompson:

>Hi I am from Central Peace High School, And I am trying to find out
>information about the peice "Cannon".  I am pretty sure that is what
>it is called.

Johann Pachelbel (1653 - 1706) is best known for his "Canon and Gigue",
a frighteningly popular piece in the Classical Music repertory.  One can
hardly listen to classical music on FM without hearing it again and again.

You can read a short biography of Pachelbel at

   http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/3435/his_life.html

Details of his brief repertory can be found at

   http://www.classical.net/music/comp.lst/pachlbel.html

Unfortunately, the 'official' Pachelbel site,

   http://www.pachelbel.org/

appears to be offline at present.

And, for what it is worth, Pachelbel's Canon is one of my LEAST FAVORITE
items in classical music.  I hate, loathe, and despise it.  Anyone else
concur?

I guess there is just no accounting for taste.  <G>

Regards,
...tony lee