From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:29:55 -0600
Jane Erb:

>I think she's recording pop music now.  No loss to classical music.

Really? Since I am a professional singer and voice teacher, I will chime
in here for a bit. Ms. Church, was indeed, in my humble opinion exploited
and forced to sing beyond her physical maturity. Nonetheless, the young
lady was/is possessed of a very fine and unique instrument. With the
proper education and training, she could very easily contribute a great
deal to classical music.

She certainly has more raw talent and musicality than Andrea Bocelli,
for example. I say give her a break and some time to mature and then
let's determine whether or not she can contribute to the art. To dismiss
her completely does her a disservice, and makes us dismissers look pretty
petty and snobish, don't you think?

Kevin Sutton