From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:25:18 -0500
Earlier today I was listening to a broadcast of Beethoven's Violin Concerto
performed by Joseph Swensen w/ Previn conducting the Royal Philharmonic.
He played a fascinating cadenza which I didn't recognize.  While it had
some timpani accompaniment, it didn't have the piano addition that I recall
from another performance.  Is the one I heard today the Schnittke cadenza?
Or was the one w/ the piano thrown in by Schnittke? Or are they both by
him?

I shamefacedly admit that I have a Biddulph CD w/ Ricci playing the
concerto w/ cadenzas by almost everybody, from Beethoven himself, to
Millstein and Schnittke, from which I might be able to pick out the one
I heard today, but I don't know where it is among my unsorted CDs!

Walter Meyer