From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:17:24 -0800
Some of you know about the March 25 Carnegie Hall solo recital by Martha
Argerich for the first half and chamber music with friends for the 2nd
half.  For those who don't, the details are on my site at:

   http://andrys.com/argerich.html

Carnegie Hall's page shows the recital Sold Out entirely as of today.

There are still some tickets that go with the benefit-reception package
(reception following the concert) and those are tax-deductible.

I have listed at EBay 2 seats in the first row, left side aisle, right
across from the center section.  Minimum bid is the price of the tickets -
$63 each.  Any net profits from sale of tickets go to the John Wayne Cancer
Institute, for which this recital is a fundraiser by Argerich and friends,
who are donating their services.

   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=277098860

And Sanda Schuldman has a bid on her 2 First Tier Center seats.

   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=276500889

For those who enjoy this pianist, Jeremy Cook has found that the Beethoven
Piano Concerto #1 DVD (and VHS at same price) with Ozawa (1980s) is now
available to U.S.  buyers at the Dreamlife site.

I've no affiliation with them, but the video performance is excellent.
Expensive shipping, but at least it's available.  Details at the top of
the Argerich page cited above.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/argerich.html
http://www.andrys.com/books.html