From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:16:27 +1000
Walter Meyer told Lionel and the rest of us:

>My first trip to Italy was almost 40 years ago and I too heard a Wagner
>opera (Tanhaeuser, I believe) in Florence, although all I remember was
>the two Canadian girls I met there who were touring Europe in a Fiat they
>had bought.

I think that Walter underestimates his software.  It's clear to me that
it considered such a happy reminiscence needed to be shared with everyone!

I didn't hear a Wagner opera In Florence although I was a day late for a
concert by the Vienna Philharmonic IIRC.  I too met two Canadian girls but
at the train station.  Is there some cosmic connection between Canada and
Florence?

Richard Pennycuick