From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 23:13:00 GMT
I am hoping someone out on the list can help.  I am looking for a CD or an
Mp3 of the Offical Olympic Hymn thats played at the Olympics during the
raising of the olympic flag at the opening and closing ceremonies.

This is not the Buglers fanfare that ABC made famous, nor is it the John
Williams piece.  The piece I am looking for is by Spiros Samara and was
written for the first games of the revival in Athens Greece in 1896 <?>.
It sounds typical for the period.  But its very nice and I would love to
get a copy of it.

Thanks

Kim