From:
Stuart Karow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:59:42 -0700
I have posed this question by e-mail to a Sousa archivist and to a member
of the Dallas Wind Symphony, who has a Sousa home page.  I will let you
all of you know when I find out who this teacher might be.  I'm not sure
why this interests me since I'm not much for Sousa.  It probably has to do
with the fact that I was a trombone/euphonium player, who spent many hours
playing "band" music, and now, in my 30's, I have an incredible love for
the music of Bruckner and Brahms.  Recently, I heard the Naxos release of
Sousa's stage music and was surprised of the difference between this and
his marches.  I will refer the Zephyr Sousa Series to a Sousa fan I know,
namely, my father, which probably has more to do with why I don't much like
Sousa!

"Stuart Karow" <[log in to unmask]>