From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:08:04 -0400
Funny thing, the stuff that even seems to get encoded into a CD.

I've recently downloaded the MusicMatch Jukebox software, which now plays
the CDs on my office computer.  Today I played an EMI Encore CD of Mozart
works conducted by Colin Davis, recorded in the early 1960s.  To my
surprise, the Jukebox lists as the artists in this recording not Davis, nor
the Royal Philharmonic, nor even Mozart, but Elaine Shaffer and Marilyn
Costello?!  Now I knew that these were artists who have recorded for EMI,
but there wasn't any flute or harp solos in the works on this disk.

But wouldn't you know it, the CD info that the Jukebox software reads
considers this the "Mozart Eine kleine Nachtmusik, Flute and Harp Concerto
CD", even though the latter work isn't anywhere on the disk.  Maybe this
info carried over from the re-mastering job?

Good recording, though--it also has a bunch of Mozart overtures performed
by Davis that I originally had on LP, so I'm making do without Marilyn and
Elaine....

Bill H.