From:
Jan Templiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 21:40:58 +0100
Paulo Braga:

>I was hearing Tchaikovsky's 4th from the old DG box that contains also
>the 5th and the 6th and wondered what could be the reason why the Originals
>edition replaced that performance with Sanderling's.

The old box contained entirely different performances than the Originals
set does. The old set consists of stereo remakes, the Originals has older
mono recordings. I believe there is no mono Mravinsky recording that was
made by DG. Why they chose to rather add the contemporary Sanderling
than the later Mravinsky 4? No idea, but this way folks who are lucky
and got the old box are better off.

Jan