From:
Don Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:51:04 -0700
David Harbin writes:

>As I said, this raises important questions for reviewers and those who
>read reviews.

I'm not so sure that it raises important questions for reviewers.  Keep
in mind that the number of reviewers who were "fooled" is only a small
percentage of the total.  Also, the only reviewers who really had "egg
on the face" were those who praised the phony Hatto discs while having
no praise for the real discs years earlier.  A reviewer's job is to offer
his/her judgments on the disc at hand, not prove the validity of the
performers cited on the disc or unmask crooks such as Hatto's hubby.

As for readers of reviews, I understand that their faith in reviewers
has been damaged.  Hopefully, reviewers will not be as quick to praise
as they have been in the past.

Don Satz