From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:09:25 +0800
Deryk Barker wrote:

>The only answer is: keep trying.  I started with historical recordings
>from the 1950s and worked my way backwards.  Eventually you'll find you
>can listen through the sound of frying bacon.

OK, I will try...  but meanwhile, these are three CDs of superb sound
reproduction and superb performance that I know of:-

1) Decca 414 339-2 Mozart Clarinet Concerto-Christopher Hogwood conducting
The Academy of Ancient Music, with Antony Pay SUPERB on the clarinet.

2) Sony Classical MHK53124 Prokofiev Symphony No.  5-George Szell,
Cleveland Orchestra

3) Chesky CG903 Sibelius Symphony No.  2- Sir Barbirolli, Royal
Philharmonic

Please share your knowledge of superb recording superb performance CD in
your collection.  Unfortunately, I don't play LP.  So CD only please..